Wednesday, November 12, 2008

not good.

Tonight, I laid in bed as I do on many nights and tried to read. Unfortunately, as is usually the case when I try to read something, I was unable to. Now, obviously I can read. It's just that when I do read, I do not/can not comprehend what it is I am reading. My mind is always going in a thousand different directions. I got really frustrated because this problem seemed to go along with so many other things that have been frustrating me lately about myself. So, I looked up some stuff online, took a depression screening quiz and an Attention Deficit Disorder screening quiz. These are my results:

For the ADHD Screening:


Serious ADHD Likely!

You scored a total of 101

It is highly likely that you are presently suffering from adult attention deficit disorder, according to your responses on this self-report questionnaire. You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional immediately.


For the depression screening:
You appear to be suffering from severe depressive symptoms commonly associated with serious depressive disorders, such as major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder or dysthymia. These symptoms appear to be causing you some serious impairment and distress in your normal, everyday functioning. You would likely benefit from the immediate attention of your physician or a trained mental health professional for further evaluation and a more accurate diagnosis and treatment. If your employer offers an Employee Assistance Program, you might also contact them for help and referral.

I'm not posting these things here for you to have pity on me. I am posting these results on here so that you can pray for me. Please please pray for me. I feel that I have reached a point where I no longer have any clue how I should handle life.

Whether or not these screenings are accurate is a moot point. All I know is that something is affecting my life to the point where I am completely unable to function....mentally, emotionally, or spiritually.

I don't know what to do. I just don't.