Monday, March 23, 2009

Goings-on

Gosh, where is this month GOING?! It's already the 23rd. That means that my love turns 30 this week!! How exciting! Here's what else has been going on.

  • Speaking of Danielle's birthday, if you haven't been reading her blog lately, you've been missing out. She has been writing an excellent series called "30til30". Check it out. She's amazing. I have learned a lot about my wife through this blog series.
  • Work is going well. Starting a new job has been a huge adjustment, and at times it has been very difficult, but I can't really complain.
  • Church at Grace has been incredible as of late. I can't remember the last time I have been so moved in church week after week after week. There hasn't been a time in the last four weeks that I haven't shed tears. Our current series, "Lift Your Eyes", has been amazing. Al and Derek have done an amazing job so far and I look forward to what Mike brings to us next weekend. All I know is that God has been moving in a mighty way at Grace lately...and I'm not sure what's different or what's changed...but I truly believe that He is changing peoples' hearts there. Today, for instance, there was a moment in worship during the response time where I thought the roof was going to be blown off. The joy and the presence of God in that room this morning was palpable. I needed to meet God there this morning, and He didn't fail. God is moving, hearts are changing, a movement is happening. I can feel it. I think anybody who calls Grace home feels it.
  • Danielle and I sat down today to watch Kings, which we had saved on our DVR from last weekend. I have to say: I am glad we saved it. It was awesome. I highly recommend it, especially if you are a Christian (I still think it's an awesome show, though, even if you're not). The show is a modern-day twist on the story of King David, and from all I've seen and read, the series is pretty much spot on in it's parallel to David's story in the Old Testament. I highly recommend going onto NBC's website and getting caught up. I can't wait to watch this week's episode!

  • It's late. Morning comes too quickly these days. Gotta go sleep;.
  • Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with you about church - it has been unreal lately!!!

and danielle's post - 30/30, i think she should print them, and make a little bound up book or something... they are unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

Can I just tell you how thankful I am for this job for you? In this economy, you have a steady, good job?!?! Praise God! I know you're adjusting and that can be hard. But I see God's provision in this as amazing. Congratulations again.