Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I found the cure for allergies

For the first time in my 30 years (or at least those where I am old enough to remember), I am not suffering from allergies in the midst of the spring bloom season. Normally, at this point in the spring, I would be miserable, completely under the weather, and not able to enjoy this beautiful season. My eyes, nose, throat, and ears are normally a hot mess right now.

The answer? Over-the-counter generic Claritin from Walmart.

The best part? It's only $4 under their generic medication program.

The other reason I think I haven't suffered at all this year is because I knew a week ago that some really warm and sunny weather was on its way. Warm weather at this time of year usually equates to pure misery for me because of my allergies. So, to prepare for the warm weather, I began to take the allergy medicine about a week ago. By the time the warm weather finally arrived, my system was completely protected from allergens! See, it pays to keep abreast of the weather forecast at all times. You people laugh. But while you're laughing, I'm not sneezing. Boom. Roasted.

Or, it could just be a complete fluke that --all of a sudden-- I am miraculously healed of all springtime allergies. It could happen, I suppose.

All I know is that after 30 years of springtime misery, it has been most delightful to open up the windows, go outside, and enjoy this awesome weather...without feeling like I would rather bury my head in a pile of burning lava.

No comments: