Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Think I Love My Life

Danielle and I moved into a new place a couple weekends ago. As we try to get everything situated and settled, we are trying to get rid of the stuff we don't need (I'm a pack rat; she's not) and organize the stuff we need/want to keep. Tonight, I made it my goal to buy a RubberMaid tub at Wal Mart and combine two huge cardboard boxes of photos that have come along with me on every move since 2005 (I've moved a total of 4 times since then....UGH).

As I dug through the photos and put them in their protective tub (I did not organize them; I am saving that for when the weather gets nasty), I realized that I am in the middle of an extraordinary existence.

I looked through those pictures and couldn't help but to give thanks to God for the life with which He has blessed me. The places I've seen, the people I've met, the things I've done...it's absolutely amazing. As I thought more and more about it, I realized that I love my life.

So the next time I complain about life and how hard/stressful/boring/stupid/unfair it is, wouldn't it be great if I brought a little perspective into the situation?

We'll see if that happens.

In the meantime, it sure won't hurt to offer thanks to God for giving me a truly wonderful life. It's certainly something of which I don't do nearly enough.

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Amen, that's such a good reminder. I need a more thankful heart!