Saturday, July 05, 2008

Saturday....finally.

First off, I want to apologize for not updating my new blog regularly over the last couple of weeks. I do have a fairly decent excuse, however. Danielle and I moved last weekend, so that created a week of craziness prior to the move and a week of craziness after the move. We also do not have Internet at home right now as we have made the switch from Time Warner to Verizon and will not have service until July 8. In addition to the move, we of course continue to watch Candace. I have had two job interviews. We got a flat tire. We're living out of boxes. I went on two film shoots. I had to edit five videos by today (Saturday). We celebrated July 4th with friends and family. I had an awesome and long-overdue conversation with a good friend of mine. And we're preparing to go on vacation starting tomorrow morning. It has certainly been a crazy time!

All week, I kept my focus on Saturday night. I knew that Saturday night was the prize...everything would be finished and I could breathe again...and we would be within hours of leaving for our vacation. We are driving halfway across the country tomorrow
to visit our dear friends Aber and Molly up in Minneapolis. We're staying for a week, which Danielle tells me will be the longest period of time she has ever spent in Minneapolis. I am so thrilled; not only to see them, but to spend a week with my wife. I love roadtrips (although I love roadtrips with my wife more) and would never trade them for anything...even in this era of $4/gallon gas prices. There is something about driving down an interstate that just makes me...happy.

I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to blog while I'm in Minnesota, but I will try. I am what they call a "minimalistic wanderer". I generally want to stay as far away as I can from any sort of technology when I am away from my normal routine. For me, being on a computer, being on the internet, watching TV, or talking on a cell phone is all stuff I do all the time at home. I go on vacation to get away from all of that. We'll see how I do on this trip. In the meantime, I hope you all have a great weekend, a great week, and I hope you guys had a fantastic 4th. I don't know about you, but I thank God that I live in the United States of America. All our problems aside, I still believe that this is the most amazing country on earth and I am so thankful that I am part of it.

When I get home, I hope that I will have returned with a fresh spirit, a renewed focus, and -- hopefully -- a brand new job.

That would be, by far, the best thing that could happen to us right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i pray all those things for you as well!!!