Sunday, October 05, 2008

Does Michael Phelps have this much trouble?

This afternoon and evening, Danielle and I went on a much needed shopping trip. One of the things I was searching for was a pair of brown shoes. My shoe size is 14 and I know from experience that it is generally very difficult to find size 14 shoes in most stores. We hit Marshalls, Kohls, DSW, and others...and none had size 14 shoes.

Are guys with size 14+ feet freaks of nature or something? I mean, you go to just about any store, and there are rows upon rows of 12's and 13's. But not a single size 14. What gives?! What is it that guides a stores' decision to not sell size 14 shoes? It totally baffles me.

We finally did find a fairly decent selection of size 14's at The Shoe Dept in the mall. In fact, they were having an INCREDIBLE sale, so I walked out of there with two pairs of brown shoes.

I wonder if Michael Phelps - a fellow size fourteener - has this much trouble finding shoes?

No comments: