Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cold In August

...and I'm not talking about the weather. I'm talking about the cold that has overtaken my body over the last 24 hours. In my humble opinion, coming down with a cold when it is hot outside is the worst feeling in the world. Can I get an amen to that? Ugh.

I did have a fun weekend though. On Saturday, Danielle, Candace, and I went out on the lake with Aaron, Kelly, and the boys and had --hands down-- the most enjoyable afternoon of the summer thus far. We sailed out to a beautiful sandy beach at the tip of Presque Isle that I never knew existed (even though I have spent 24 of my 29 years here) until yesterday. Seriously, it was pretty much like being at a beach somewhere in the Caribbean. And I'm not even exaggerating. At all.

At this little spot of paradise, everyone pretty much just anchors their boats in the water and either gets out and wades to the beach, hangs out on their boat, or swims in the water next to their boat. For us, we swam for a while, had a BBQ on the beach, and basically just hung out and enjoyed the perfect weather. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera, so I have no pictures.

People who are close to me know that I can be a very fussy and hard-to-please individual (I'm not proud of that, by the way...). So when I say that Saturday afternoon was one of the best afternoons of my life, it goes without saying that it must have been a pretty dang awesome afternoon. I know that living in Erie has its ups and downs, but afternoons like Saturday make me realize how wonderful this place really is.

We completed our awesome Saturday by taking a little drive out to the White Turkey drive-in just over the Ohio line in Conneaut with Brian & Rachel. For anybody reading this blog that is currently residing in the Greater Erie area that has not been out to this place, STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW AND GO. Well, unless it's after business hours...then wait until tomorrow. Anyhow, this place rocks my socks off. And when you go, get a root beer float (unfortunately, I'm not a fan of root beer...but I still highly recommend this treat because everyone I have ever gone there with gets it and loves it).

On Sunday at Grace, we experienced yet another incredible service. Mike delivered an awesome message about family. I love all of our teaching pastors. They all have wonderfully unique preaching styles. But for some reason, Mike is the only one that consistently makes me cry. Today was no exception. Awesome job, Mike!

What a great weekend!



Ok, time for some Nyquil. Night, all!

1 comment:

amy grace said...

1) saturday on the boat sounds awesome!
2) white turkey? never heard of it
3) you forgot to mention the amazing video you did!!! ;)
4) boo summer almost over! i want to go on aarons boat so you can do another phone-video of the craziness.