Wednesday, January 21, 2009

111 Inches of Glory

  • It is only January 21 and Erie is four inches away from cracking into the top ten list for snowiest winters in history. For the season, we are now over 111 inches. So far this winter, we have experienced our 10th snowiest November in history, our 7th snowiest December, and we are now in our 7th snowiest January with over a week to go. I think it's safe to say, though, that the snow (at least the lake effect kind) will at least slow down a little bit now that the lake has frozen over completely:


  • I was really sick on Sunday. I mean, REALLY sick. Thankfully, it was just some 24 hour bug. I was fine on Monday when I woke up. Then last night, Danielle started feeling the same thing. Hopefully, it will be as quick for her as it was for me. I can't bear to see her sick. I feel terrible that I gave it to her.


  • Tonight, my guys' group wraps up our book that we've been reading. It's been an extremely rewarding time for me...and a time that has led to some changes in my life. Even more amazing however, is to see how the lives of some of the others have changed as well. God has truly been at work in our little group. I am excited to see what all ends up happening as a result of this. Next week, we are having our "Iron Chef America" dinner by Chef Seth! I am pretty sure that - even though we have finished our book - the group consensus is that we would love to continue meeting. Hopefully you're up to the challenge, Pastor Mike!


  • As I said in my previous entry, I've been fixated on Romans 8. I have read it every day over the past week and have decided to memorize it.


  • I am excited about some decisions that have been made. Unfortunately, I am not ready to divulge them on here!






Finally, I know you're wondering what my thoughts are regarding what happened yesterday. Well, it was no doubt a day that will go down as a pivotal moment in our nation's history; one that our country should be extremely proud of. That much is true. And for the sake of our country, I certainly wish him well. That's it.













peace.













PS) Happy Birthday, Kelly!!! You bring such joy and laughter to the lives of everyone around you. Enjoy your day! Love ya!! :-)







1 comment:

Barb said...

I liked what you said about the inauguration.