Friday, January 23, 2009

A post-racial America?

I promised myself that I wouldn't get overly political on my new blog...but man...today was a doozy of a day and I just HAVE to talk about some of it.

With the election of Barack Obama, many people have declared that the end of racial division in America is here. Well, this video proves that not everybody thinks that this is the case. This video was taken at an event that took place at a club in Washington, DC on inauguration night. The voices you hear are from rappers "Jay-Z" and "Young Jeezy" who were "performing" at a celebration for the new president:

Please be warned that this video is extremely offensive:


Seriously? This is how they chose to celebrate the inauguration of a new president? This is downright pathetic.

And in other political news...Obama has signed an executive order to close down Gitmo. That, in and of itself, is a very controversial move. That aside, though, the obvious question then becomes: what does Obama suggest we do with all the detainees? Well, our favorite Congressman from Southwest PA, Jack Murtha, has signaled that the Gitmo detainees will be welcomed with open arms to western Pennsylvania. He says that we "could use the jobs a new prison would create". In addition, a new prison would provide a "round-the-clock operation". I'm sorry, but can somebody tell me how this bafoon keeps getting reelected? Seriously. Anyone?

I also found this video (sorry) that I wanted to share. I found it very timely, considering that our new president didn't waste any time in helping the abortion industry out:


It's only Day 2 of the new administration and I already find myself counting down the days until 2012*.

*1,384 days until Tuesday, November 6, 2012 -- Election Day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.

especially that last one.

i'm glad your posting politics, its my little counter-media news source.

Anonymous said...

Your president is black? No, he's actually half white too, idiots.
But those rappers are too stupid to know the difference. 2012 come soon!

Unknown said...

i'm dittoing rachel...

wow.